Monday, April 27, 2015

Strip: My first IPL Brazilian

Sponsored

Recently, I was invited to Strip for their Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair removal. It was my very first time (I haven't even tried waxing!), so I was really excited and pretty nervous! For those who are curious about this treatment, I'll be sharing my experience with you, and there's a discount code at the end of this post as well! ;)

WHAT IS IPL?
It is an advanced technology which uses intense pulses of light with specific wavelengths to weaken hair follicles and supporting tissues for a semi-permanent hair reduction.

WHICH AREAS CAN BE TREATED WITH IPL?
It can be used to treat almost any part of your body: arms, underarms, upper lips, back, legs, bikini lines, etc.

HOW OFTEN DO YOU HAVE TO GO FOR TREATMENT?
It is recommended that you go for 6 sessions, with a 4-6 week interval in between.

WHEN CAN YOU SEE VISIBLE RESULTS?
Unlike waxing, the results are not immediate. After the first session, it takes about 1 week for a percentage of hair to shed - it varies from person to person, as well as the treated area. Any regrowth is finer than before.

HOW LONG CAN THE RESULTS LAST?
It is not a permanent, but it can last up to 2 years.

IMG_5659
With 20 years of experience in hair removal + over 3 million customers + 40 stores located in 9 major cities globally + 41 global beauty awards, Strip is the place to go - especially so if it's your first IPL session!

It is available over 16 outlets islandwide, and I went to the one at Wheelock Place.

IMG_5653
IMG_5649
IMG_5650
IMG_5651
IMG_5652
IMG_5654
IMG_5648
IMG_5630
The treatment room where IPL and waxing sessions are held.

IMG_5631
IMG_5633
At Strip, they go through over 6000 disposable razor cartridges, 9000 fresh new towels, and 10 000 disposable gloves a week to keep customers safe!

Not only do they use disposable razors, all tools are also sterilized with hospital-grade disinfectant before and after every treatment. The therapists wear masks and disposable gloves, just so you stay 100% safe!

IMG_5629IMG_5632
Be assured that every customer gets a personal kit for every IPL (and waxing) treatment!

IMG_5635
IMG_5634
A packet of wet wipes is included for you to clean up before your IPL session.

IMG_5637
All ready!

IMG_5639
IMG_5641
IMG_5642
IMG_5644
The therapist started off by giving me a clean shave. A cold gel was applied with a spatula to minimize discomfort from the machine, and then the pulsed light was delivered in intervals. The entire session took about 40 minutes.

Initially, I was quite nervous even though I was told that IPL is painless. Everyone's level of tolerance is different after all, right? More ever, it's a sensitive part we're talking about!

But I'm super pleased to let you know that it was painless for me. At worst it's a 1/10 because I felt more of the cold (from the gel) than any pain! My therapist was also very friendly and chatty, so I didn't feel shy at all during the treatment.

IMG_5658

Strip's care doesn't stop even after you leave! They have a range of aftercare products to maximize results and address concerns. This was what I took home with me:
IMG_5660
IMG_5661
IMG_5662
Any mild redness after treatment (which I didn't have) is not uncommon, but I was told to apply their Ice Cream to soothe and moisturize the area.

IMG_5646
Here's one with my therapist, Sandra!

For me, hair removal usually equates to pain, and even threading/waxing/plucking my brows is such a dread (!!), so I never thought I would enjoy any hair removal service this much. It's been more than a week since, and my hair is starting to fall off! They're like, what, 2mm only?! I must say it's quite an interesting sight, and it's definitely the fun part of the IPL treatment. :D

If you haven't had the chance to try IPL at Strip, you're in for a treat!

Enjoy your first Brazilian Wax at $32 (U.P. $62) or your first IPL Brazilian at $68 (U.P. $642) by purchasing a voucher at www.stripexposes.com! Apply discount code 'Kathleen' during check out and get additional 10% off! 
T&Cs apply.

I think $68 (+10% off after my discount code) for IPL is a really reasonable, especially for those of you who don't want to fork out $600+ straight for something that you aren't sure of. It's a great opportunity for you to try it out, and I really hope you do because it was an amazing experience for me!

Hurry though, the promotion is valid until 31 May 2015! :)