Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Dempsey House / The Coastal Settlement


Dempsey House

DSCN1462
IMG_8027
"Smile properly!"

IMG_8017
IMG_8013
IMG_8008
Doing what I do best while he was looking through the menu.

IMG_8026
IMG_8023
IMG_8022
Truffle Fries || First time trying their truffle fries. One of the better ones around in my opinion.

IMG_8021
Curry Mustard Fries || This was good too, but I wouldn't choose it over EWF's curry fries - although I must say that they were very generous with the seasoning. My tongue felt so weird after that because I kept eating the seasoning alone.

IMG_8020
Eggs Benedict || Poached eggs sit atop homemade biscuits with bacon and a haystack of baby spinach. Poured over with Hollandaise sauce. This is one of the few dishes of which I loved every single thing on the plate. I especially liked the biscuits because they were a fantastic combination of crispy, crumbly, and doughy. Eggs perfectly poached, sweet roasted tomatoes, well-seasoned baby spinach. So yummy!!

IMG_8025IMG_8025
IMG_8024
S took the other Benny. He also ordered a Tau Sar Pau (not pictured) "just to try" of which I responded with a confused, "Why???". It tasted great though. Better than the usual coffeeshop ones!

IMG_7993
IMG_7989
IMG_7999
IMG_8001
My favourite necklace at the moment!

IMG_8004IMG_8004


The Coastal Settlement

Finally back here again! Without ordering my usual Portobello Fries. :(

IMG_8529
Calamari || Paprika crusted squid rings served with passionfruit mayonnaise. Second time having it, and it really was so good. This is a must-try if you're there! Passionfruit mayonnaise sounds strange, but it makes an interesting twist to the usual mayo. Complimented the calamari very well too!

IMG_8530
Truffle Fries || Served with truffle mayonnaise. Thumbs up!

IMG_8531
Crab Pesto Spaghetti || Honestly this dish is too green that it almost looks unappetizing, but surprisingly exceeded expectations in the taste department. Generous portion of spaghetti, and decent serving of crab meat! Another favourite on my list! :9

IMG_8532
IMG_8533
Waffles || Served with a scoop of ice cream, berry compote, strawberries, nutella, and whipped cream. This totally hit the spot. Waffle lovers should give this a try too. Not a fan of whipped cream, but loved everything else!

IMG_8502
IMG_8518
IMG_8519
IMG_8526
I really like this necklace.

IMG_8527
IMG_8528
IMG_8522
IMG_8521

Wearing Mesh Asymmetrical Blouse from Hollyhoque! Coming to you this week ;)

No comments: