Thursday, January 30, 2014

NARSissist Eye Palette


I have always wanted to start experimenting with eyeshadows, so imagine my excitement when the good people at NARS invited me for a lil makeover at their counter - with the new NARSissist eye palette!

NARSissist
 (NARS∙is∙sist) (n.) 

Lives by her own rules, not afraid to express herself in every look, mood or attitude. Effortlessly captivating with a bottomless makeup bag.
IMG_4259
IMG_4253

I told Julyen that I prefer neutral shades, warm colours such as brown/bronze. Here's the smokey look that he created for me, which I really really loved:
IMG_4286
IMG_4285
IMG_4276
IMG_4277

A closer look at the palette:
IMG_4260
IMG_4302
This limited edition eyeshadow palette houses 15 absolutely gorgeous and wearable shades. Most of them already exist as NARS single eyeshadows, while a few of them can be found in NARS duo eyeshadows (named I or II below).

Here are the shades and their respective swatches:

IMG_4304
IMG_4310
Row 1:

All About Eve (I): Shimmery flesh-toned neutral which looks somewhat sheer with one swatch, but definitely buildable and has a nice pay off.

Madrague (II): Matte caramel. Blends perfectly with my skin tone, and looks as if I have nothing on even after a few swatches. Unimpressive payoff.

Fez: Velvety cocoa, one of my favourites! Excellently pigmented copper/bronze tone, and blends really well. I love this!

Bali: Dark brown with a matte finish. Poor payoff on the arm, doesn't stick well, and looks rather patchy.

Coconut Grove: Deep brown with a matte finish. Feels soft to the touch, and sticks better than Bali. Average payoff.

I use both Coconut Grove and Bali for my brows with a brow brush, and it does wonders! They work even better than my MAC eyebrow pencil. Thanks to Julyen for this little tip! ;)


IMG_4305
IMG_4311
Row 2:

Madrague (I): Matte cream with yellow undertone. Soft and rather pigmented. Great as a base.

Nepal: Soft, sheer rose. Warm undertone with good payoff. Another favourite of mine! It would give a nice pop to the eyes!

Ashes to Ashes: Shimmery violet-based brown. Very buildable, even though it does look quite sheer on first swatch.

Brousse (II): Black violet. Quite difficult to pick up, poor payoff, but rather buildable.

Mekong: Espresso infused with shimmer. The most interesting shade of the palette, a rather matte finish with golden bronze shimmer.


IMG_4306
IMG_4312
Row 3

Bellissima (I): Shimmery beige with golden glitter. I found this very sheer, but would imagine it to work well on the inner corners of the eyes.

Lhasa: Lavender grey, with a frosted finish. Buildable, with average colour payoff. Looks really pretty but it isn't my kind of colour.

Bad Behaviour: Deep pewter. Another gorgeous colour with good payoff. Very buildable. Perfect for a smokey look!

Dogon (II): Deep, matte navy, with extremely fine and subtle shimmers. Looks almost matte when applied. Poor payoff.

Pandora (II): Matte black, my least favourite of all. Looks very pigmented, but comes off sheer when applied. Poor payoff.


IMG_4313

Overall I really like this eye palette - partly because it's my first, and partly because I love these wearable shades!

I've read that the payoff for certain shades is quite disappointing compared to their single counterparts, so I guess it wouldn't be impressive to NARS fans who already own some of these singles.

This is, however, a very convenient option for travel, since it's compact and portable - except it doesn't come with a brush. Also, if you're looking for something that takes your look from day to night, this is it! Your must-have NARS shades all in one!

IMG_4274IMG_4278
IMG_4279IMG_4280
IMG_4281IMG_4282
Thank you NARS for having me! Special thanks to Julyen for the amazing look!

This limited edition palette is launching on 3 Feb, at the price of SGD115.
To reserve one for yourself, preorder HERE.

No comments: