Monday, December 2, 2013

Soup Restaurant / The Coastal Settlement

Soup Restaurant:

IMG_9576IMG_9584
The popular Samsui Ginger Chicken that the restaurant is known for, and that everyone was instagramming for a period of time. Must be the full circle that makes it look so photogenic. I thought it was good but nothing worth raving about. He didn't even think it was good haha. The claypot tofu was really savoury especially when it was still hot.

IMG_9585IMG_9586
The fried rice came in a huge portion, which we both couldn't finish. I kept having it as the vehicle of the soya sauce (I love soya sauce with chopped chilli!!!) - like how a hard boiled egg is always the vehicle of my favourite chilli. I also ordered a dish of eggs with tomatoes which tasted as normal as it looks here.

-

Friday evening was spent helping S out with his event at Crowne Plaza:
IMG_9728
IMG_9734IMG_9734
IMG_9734IMG_9734
Test shot ^^

-
After which, we went for dinner at The Coastal Settlement:

IMG_9723
I love their truffle fries, but I wish there was a kitchen towel or something to soak up the oil at the base. The fries at the bottom are always glistening with oily goodness that I cannot eat. And of course, my favourite portobello fries that I always have to be careful with, because they are so juicy they splurt.

IMG_9724
Have always heard about their calamari, and finally we got to try it! They were finger-licking good!! You'll discover that the passionfruit mayonnaise has real passionfruit inside if you decide to scoop everything out like I did out of curiosity.

IMG_9725
Prawn Aglio Olio with XO sauce. It was okay, but we probably wouldn't have it again. It came with a generous serving of really juicy prawns (which I loved), but I don't think the aglio olio brought out the flavour of XO as well as I would like it to be. I think the XO cup noodles that you can find in any supermarket would be more satisfying - without the prawns, of course.

No comments: