Monday, December 30, 2013

Hummerstons/ 1 Year ♥

IMG_0457
Breakfast Tostada: Fried longaniza sausage, caramelized onion, asparagus, herb scrambled eggs, and pico de gallo, sitting atop a corn tortilla. We loved this messy goodness!

IMG_0459
IMG_0460
The Hangover Poutine: Irish sausage, oak smoked cheddar, quesillo Oaxaca, beef jus, and poached egg. Their poutine was what we went there for, because we had a really good Canadian one in Bangkok a few months back. It wasn't up to expectations though - the fries weren't as tasty as I'd like them to be, and the sauce tasted a little strange. Average~

IMG_0461
IMG_0463
IMG_0464
Hummerstons Pancakes: Grandma's recipe, served with real maple syrup, whipped butter, and fruit compote at the side. S ordered this, and I gave him the perplexed and apprehensive look, like, whaaaaat really?? I mean, why, I never had the urge to order pancakes when I eat out (except at McDonald's) because I never saw how they were worth forgoing the other dishes. They are just pancakes, right? Wrong! They turned really good!! I was impressed (!), and sorry for looking down on them hahaha.

IMG_0473


Saturday was also our 1st year anniversary! It's a little weird that we don't actually have a real date for our anniversary. I wouldn't say we skipped the "dating" stage/phase entirely - although the chasing and the ambiguous part of it are virtually non-existent. It was more like a gradual transition to a committed relationship, without an official start. Do I even make sense. I don't know. But anyway, I made him something simple:

IMG_0450
IMG_0451
IMG_0452
IMG_0453
IMG_0456
Sneak-peek! Hehe.

IMG_0454
IMG_0455

It's funny cus he made me a book too and when he was working on it at the dining table, I would be doing mine in the living room, and we would promise each other not to peek hahaha.

It's been one year. It's nice, to almost always be put a priority, and to be showered with so much love, for a change - and he's never stopped. We do have our differences and our bad times, and we do piss the hell out of each other sometimes, but I hope we will always be able to work through them and move forward together, like how we did this year.

(S saw that I left one of my tabs at this post, and added, "S really is the best and i'm grateful for him. he really is my Troll and i his Princess" hahaha)

Thankful for him everyday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi kat, i think your craft work is absolutely beautiful. do you get your ideas from somewhere?

nice work man seriously, gonna take some ideas from you if you don't mind!

Kathleen said...

Thank you! Sometimes I get inspiration from the web and then improvise it myself.

Sure, go ahead :)