Monday, October 14, 2013

Majestic Restaurant - 8 Days Eat x Wish Dish 2013

Last Friday, I was invited by the good people at 8 Days Eat for a food tasting session at Majestic Restaurant in support of Make-A-Wish Foundation's campaign.

Make-A-Wish Foundation's mission is to grant wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses, and it is their goal to reach every medically eligible child and bring them renewed strength to battle their illnesses.

This year, 8 Days Eat is supporting Make-A-Wish Foundation for its Wish Dish campaign throughout the month of October. How it works: for every wish dish ordered in any participating restaurant, 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the foundation.

Restaurants include CUT by Wolfgang Puck at Marina Bay Sands, DB Bistro Moderne, Guy Savoy, Osteria Mozza Singapore, Pizzeria Mozza Singapore, Sky on 57, Waku Ghin, Bedrock Bar & Grill, Fat Cow, Levant, TWG Tea At Marina Bay Sands, La Barca, Level 33, Nosh, Pollen Singapore and more!


IMG_8336
The Wish Dish: A combination of crispy wasabi prawn, sliced peking duck and pan seared foie gras ($18++)

IMG_8338
Close-up: Crispy wasabi prawn. The mayo-wasabi coasted prawn is really fresh, and the taste isn't overpowering at all - unless you gobble it down so quickly like I did... it kinda went up my nose a little.

IMG_8337
Close-up: Pan-seared foie gras. I'm not exactly a fan of foie gras, but this goes surprisingly really well with the watermelon!

IMG_8339
Close-up: Sliced peking duck. This is my favourite part of the Wish Dish! Comes with a salad, instead of the usual pancake.

-

The purpose of this session was mainly to try the aforementioned Wish Dish, but the restaurant very generously served us a full course meal! I didn't know so I actually ate a little beforehand :/

IMG_8340
Double-boiled chicken consommé with fresh chinese yam and wolfberries ($12++). This looks simple, but is actually very rich and flavourful!

IMG_8342
Steamed fillet of giant grouper with fragrant garlic oil and crystal vermicelli in light soya sauce ($18++). The crispy garlic bits add a nice crunch and flavour, and I like that the sauce goes so well with the fish because it's so light.

IMG_8343
Stewed mee sua with baby abalone and crab roe ($22++ standard size for 2 to 4 persons) (This portion served to us is the sharing size for their set menu). I LOVE THIS! I don't even wanna describe it because I will never do justice to how yummy it actually is. Also, I don't really fancy abalones (I mistook a slice for a mushroom during CNY earlier this year, and spat it out discreetly), but these baby abalones are so cute and actually taste good!

IMG_8344
For dessert, we were given a list to choose from and here's my choice: Chilled "mao shan wang" durian with gula malacca ($10++). Sigh, what can I say. This is so ~heavenly~. I would go back again just for this.


Majestic Restaurant
New Majestic Hotel
31-37 Bukit Pasoh Road
Singapore 089845
Tel: [65] 6511 4718

Opening hours:
Tuesdays to Sundays
Closed on Mondays

Lunch - 11.45 am to 3 pm
Last lunch order – 2.30pm

Dinner - 6pm to 10.30pm
Last dinner order – 10pm


Thank you 8 Days Eat, Majestic Restaurant, and chef Yong Bing Ngen. I had a really satisfying lunch, and it was nice talking to other foodies, esp Audrey from 8 Days Eat! I was the youngest within the table of 8, and the only one without a name card (haha awkward~). It was a little uncomfortable for me initially but all of them were friendly and easy to talk to, so all was well :)

This Wish Dish campaign will last till the end of October. Eat well for a good cause! Why not?


No comments: