Saturday, August 31, 2013

Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri

IMG_7429
IMG_7430
IMG_7431

Our Grand Deluxe room:
IMG_7343
IMG_7344
IMG_7345
IMG_7283
IMG_7288
The bed was so huge and comfy!

IMG_7284
IMG_7285
The kitchenette, fully equipped with a fridge, a microwave oven, a toaster, a coffee/tea maker, utensils, a stove, a dining area, and even a washing machine + dryer!

I did laundry for the first time in my life. I was struggling without Sean's help because I wanted to prove that I could do it. Inexperienced and overambitious haha. I think the clothes took about 2++ hours to be washed - I had to do it twice because I didn't put in sufficient amount of washing powder the first time. Drying itself took another 2++ hours because I set the timer to 10 minutes thinking it was enough. Realised they weren't dry yet, and I set it to another 10 minutes... haha what a failure. Completely overestimated its efficiency. He came to my rescue eventually.

IMG_7286
Ironing facilities which I was pleasantly surprised to have found, because wearing crumpled apparels stuffed in your luggage is not pleasing to the eyes.

IMG_7287
Our view! Our room was at the 25th floor. The hotel goes all the way up to the 50th floor, I think.


I had been to Bangkok twice previously without my family, and accommodations for both occasions were really really cheap, because we wanted to spend more on food and shopping. The rooms were alright, but of course, small, without a view, and not as fancy. Facilities were severely limited.

This time, we payed much more for our accommodation because Sean insisted. He likes to be able to go back to a nice, clean, big, and comfortable place at the end of the day when he travels. He also said that he wanted to us to have something that we don't usually get back home. :')

I never noticed the significance of room quality until this vacation, because I used to think that we don't spend much time in it anyway - it is simply used for a few nights' rest. This trip made me realise how going back to a nice (my vocab is lacking) room ends the day really well, and how waking up to it sets the day right.

This hotel also has a Functions floor, which includes the gym, swimming pool, home movie theatre, kids room and some other stuff. We rented DVDs to watch back in our room on some nights.

Ahhh I really fell in love with our hotel for exceeding our expectations. Definitely will consider it again if we go back to Bangkok. :)

No comments: