Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The difference between you and me

Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 6.26.54 PM

You breathed the air of The City That Never Sleeps,
walked under big lights
in the concrete jungle where dreams are made.
You stood at The Crossroads of the World,
and I wonder if you know
it can't shine as bright as you
(I swear it's true).
And I've stood at the bottom of the London Eye, I've been
to River Thames, watched it run under the Tower Bridge:
a bridge so beautiful and majestic,
like the one in my head that my imagination builds
between two very different countries
of what I want and what I get
- except it can't hold weight.

If I had the chance I would stand at the top
of the Eiffel Tower, and perhaps find myself
falling in love with the City of Light,
but it wouldn't change the fact

that my favorite place will always be somewhere
on the geography of your anatomy, like the space
between your neck and your shoulders,

where my head fits perfectly.


6 comments:

Sng Sze Ying said...

nice poem kat :D

Kathleen said...

Haha thanks! ^^

Anonymous said...

Wow this is beautiful :') Did you come up with it?

Kathleen said...

Yep I did! Thank you! Except I kinda rephrased the part about how my imagination built a bridge from somewhere though!

Anonymous said...

awesome poem.

Kathleen said...

Thank you!