Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,

or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.



What do I see in you? This is a question I’ve been asking myself all this while, a question that I don’t have any answer to even at this point of time.

I can think of a whole list of reasons that should be sending me away, and honestly I can’t even think of any reason that explains why I should stay – besides love.

I have thought about it for a long time, and I think we don’t need reasons to love somebody. We like somebody because they are funny, because they share the same interests as us, because they make us happy. We like somebody because. And we love somebody although they are not funny, although they don’t make us happy, although they can be insensitive. We love somebody although.

We don’t need reasons to love somebody. And I have no reasons for why I do. If I need a reason to love you, what happens then if you no longer possess that reason? There would be nothing for me to love. And if I love you for a reason, I can very well leave you for the same reason. 

I have been thinking about many many things recently. My mind never seems to rest. These thoughts are racing and incoherent and I just wish I had the time to pen them down.

No comments: