Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Snail mail

Sent a parcel over for valentine's day. I tracked it and found out that it was delivered on the 8th. It sounds quite stupid but when I saw the word "delivered" my heart pounded hahaha. T didn't mention anything and I didn't want to spoil the surprise so I didn't ask. On the 10th, I couldn't take it anymore so I told him about it. Stupid move. sTupID. STUPID. He then went to check his mailbox and yeah the notice was already inside. If only I had waited a bit more. :( Aiyaaaa itchy fingers. Might as well have told him when I sent it. :/

IMG_3266
IMG_3267
Quite a bit of work to measure and draw and cut and paste. But it was all worth my effort. :')

And to my surprise,
IMG_3262
:D :D :D

IMG_3263
Freudian slip spotted. This person wants to sell me. ;(


I know I didn't seem exceptionally thrilled about what I received but that doesn't mean I appreciate it any less. Receiving things from you make me happy, no doubt. But I love the letter more. It was actually the first thing that I looked for the moment I unwrapped the parcel. Handwritten. Content carefully considered. Personally handled. Scent that I can identify with. Most importantly, it's flawed. Errors. Imperfections. More meaningful, more personal. I love thoughtful, handwritten notes, even if they are on scrap papers. They are irreplaceable.

I really love it when the people who matter most write me letters. :')

No comments: