Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lolita

Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta.

IMG_2251
Bought this book a few months back, and it is my current read! Before I read books like this, I like to do some research about the author, its publication and reception. I like to know its themes and symbols beforehand so I can identify them along the way.

I also came across a video of an interview with Sylvia Plath. I felt kinda sad. I like the way she spoke, she was articulate and I think she must have been brilliant too.


IMG00048IMG00048
IMG00048IMG00048

After months of lazing around and using school work as a valid excuse, I finally went for a jog at 2200. I used to be able to run really long distances in my canoeing days, and I used to love it because it made me feel so good. But this time I felt like I was dying. :O

No comments: