Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Heads will roll

IMG_1733
IMG_1735

So Monday night saw us at Zouk with PVD. Alwyn's friend had a table there so we got in for free! ^^ Spent the last hour at Phuture. After 4 long months, and I had such a good time!

I spent my weekend hiding at home, watching videos and reading my book because of my monthly bloody affair which partially immobilized me (I absolutely hate walking around during this time), and a humongous pimple which left me feeling hideous. And I learned that:

1. Strawberries are part of the rose family.

2. Elephants go through a periodic change of behavior, when they become very aggressive, and it's called - musth. This is accompanied by the discharge of secretion from the temporal duct between the eye and the ear.

3. Orcas engage in surfacing behaviors such as spyhopping, which is when they propel themselves partially out of the water, just like how humans tread water. It enables them to see what is on the surface, and also helps them to hunt for food like seals and sea lions. (I find it terribly scary to watch a video/documentary on sea creatures. It also creeps me out to look at huge, oceanic, underwater pictures. Mysterious vast blue seas. :/ There was once I was canoeing with Tiff, our boat capsized and I screamed and swam to her because she told me to look into the water.)


Summer 1 starts next week. This break is too damn short. :(

No comments: