Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Help, head. Help heart.


The tough thing about following your heart is what people forget to mention, that sometimes your heart takes you to places you shouldn’t be, places that are as scary as they are exciting and as dangerous as they are alluring, and sometimes your heart takes you to places that can never lead to a happy ending.


N told me, just live and don't bother thinking. Live for the moment, they say? Just don't think and things will be a lot easier. It's easy, to dive in head first, without thinking of the consequences. It's easy, to trick a heart. It's easy, short-lived happiness. But heart aches don't get any easier. The feeling is real and that's all I'm left with at the end of the day.

I'm deeply affected, all the time. 'cause I'm slammed shut but once I give my heart away, it gets returned in a completely different state - bruised and battered. (Your) undecided heart makes such a mess. You should know better than anyone else, that I don't deserve this at all.

And you're asking me why.

No comments: